Save The Last Dance For Me

You can dance, every dance with the guy who gives you the eye,
let him hold you tight
You can smile, every smile for the man who held your hand
'neath the pale moonlight
But don't forget who's taking you home
and in whose arms your gonna be
So darlin', save the last dance for me"
I love dancing. I may not know how to dance very well, but as soon as I hear a tune I like, my feet take control over me; pushing their way through the dance floor. I resist however and I wait; I wait for someone to call me out on the dance floor. Who will be that guy who gives me the eye and holds me tight....I wonder. Every dance has a different story behind it. I have many memories of dancing with different dancers who have held my hand "neath the pale moonlight." I must admit, there have been plenty of great dancers who I've shared wonderful times with. However, not one of these dancers has been special enough to take me home in his arms.
I've waited....I'm still waiting. Waiting for the day in which I'll have a dancer of my own to dance 'neath the pale moonlight at any given day or hour. Waiting for the day in which someone will always save their last dance for me. Meanwhile I'll keep dancing. Swing, Salsa, Merengue, Hip-Hop, Jazz; you name it and I'll dance it. The question remaining is: Who? Who, will save the last dance for me?

<< Home